Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Monday 30 April 2012

Ed Ruscha: interview

"It was a big soup of influence,’ Ruscha says. 'I found myself being influenced by everything: things I liked and things I didn’t like; even the half-way stuff pushed me along." - Ruscha, Telegraph



NOTE for artist statement. 
I criticize the high art aura with deliberate hypocrisy, elevating meaningless photographs on white walls and plinths. It is important that this dialogue comes from within a self-referent medium, and that irony, self-awareness and satire come into play. 

The ideologies of Ed Ruscha, Roland Barthes, Walter Benjamin and Marcel Duchamp have fuelled this approach, and are deliberately referenced in the final work - for example the final page of my book mimics the milk in Ruscha's Various Small Fires

No comments:

Post a Comment